The Role of NAS
Generation of new income by applying rural resources and maintaining a healthy agricultural ecosystem
- Discovery and exploration of the values of agricultural resources and development of the techniques of utilizing these resources
- Environment-friendly management of soil resources and development of integrated techniques for agricultural environment
- Establishment of scientific organic farming techniques
Development of the national policy for the future with international regulation considerations such as in climate change, water deficiency, bio-energy, and others.
- Management techniques of the national resources such as developing rural resources, and managing environment for sustainable agriculture development
Development of agricultural biological resources to create new growth engines for agriculture
- Resource management of insects, sericulture, and beekeeping and Development of high value-added biological materials for market expansion
Development of agricultural microbial resource management and commercialization technology
- Increase farm income through the industrialization of useful agricultural biological resources
Development of crop protection and production techniques for safe agricultural products
- Prompt diagnosis of hazardous substances in agricultural products
Establishment up of management standard for hazardous substances consistent with global standard and preparation of its reduction method - In accordance with the harmonized global standard to secure safety of agricultural products
Automation(robotics) of farm production and development of post-harvest technologies
- Development of automation(robotics) to reduce production and labor costs
Development of energy-saving technologies and techniques to prevent disasters affecting stable production of crop and animal products - Increasing agro-industry productivity, stability and competitiveness through product diversification and value- adding
Securing fundamental techniques and practical use in agricultural biotechnology
- Development of new crops through diversity conservation of genetic resources and massive inherent genes
Proper management of GM crops and construction of safety system - Securing global competition in agricultural biotechnology and creation of new growth power in the future
Development of commercialization techniques for globalization of agricultural and korean foods
- Development of value-adding techniques for enhancement of agricultural and Korean foods, specifically traditional fermented foods.
Establishment of stable consumption basis of agricultural food & development of techniques for promotion of Korean-type food culture. - Commercialization of Korean and processed foods, as Northeast Asia Agricultural Food R&D Hub organization takes-off through development of material science techniques for agricultural food resources.
Management and use of national agricultural genetic resources
- Securing the diversity and safety preservation of agricultural genetic resources.
Improvement of the resource utilization through characteristics evaluation of resources. - Establishment of national total management system for agricultural genetic resources